Mission Bush Pilot and Nurse

After spending three years in Guyana, South America, we have now moved to Bewani, 50 Km south of Vanimo, Papua New Guinea. We have started a new humanitarian aviation ministry here. In visiting with health officials and church people here, the need for an aviation program to reach into remote villages became very apparent. We are taking health workers and medicines/vaccines, into remote village airstrips and bringing out critically ill patients to the hospital. We also fly in educational materials for schools, as well as take in Bible workers. Toni is helping with the medical end of things, while Gary takes care of the flying part. We have several local lay missionaries we sponsor and we do ground transport for patients as well. We are volunteers here to serve our God and the unreached people of Papua New Guinea. We have a great need for more people to join in this effort.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Half day in the bush

Went out and got a gunshot victim today with the plane. 2-3 years old, shot by her brother with an air gun. They couldn't get the pellet out. Dad hiked with her and 4-5 yr old sibling a distance that takes an adult 6 hrs to walk. Then I flew them in. Also took lay worker out. The weather opened just enough for me to get to them, rain storm was racing me to the airstrip and I left as it started raining. Got to town amid lots of clouds and when on the ground the clouds sank over the mountains, had to wait about 40 min for a break so I could fly out. When I got back over the mountain, I saw that the delay was a God send as a huge black cloud and storm had just left our home airbase. Toni confirmed it when I got here. She didn't think I would be able to fly home today. The call came in just as I was ready for lunch so I was hungry by the time I got home. Was neat to see God working out the weather for me. Taking a patient to town with us tomorrow, at least one, and then picking up large propane bottles to bring home and then fly out to clinics in the bush plus vaccines,
While I was gone, Toni was called to clinic urgently,may they couldn't get iv started in a baby with bad malaria. Then another came in with convulsions. After I got home she treated the lady with hot and cold water which she has been doing twice a day for over a week with a Burcellii ulcer on her foot. Now relaxing a bit before the race starts again tomorrow. 

No comments: